1. There is only ONE man upstairs called God, expressed in the Three Persons of the Trinity- The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. (Gen 1:1, 1 Cor 8:6, 1 Tim 2:5)
2. Heaven & Hell are real, literal places of our eternal existance. Where you end up is determined not by your actions, but by whether you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ for your salvation.
(Eph. 2:9, 1 Cor. 1:29, John 3:16)
3. Baptism is not a requirement for salvation, but is commanded by Jesus (Mat. 28:16-20) as an outward expression (or covenant sign) of our inward acceptance of His grace. (Luke 3:16, Mark 1:9-11, Acts 8:38)
4. The Bible is it. It is the final, authoritative, literal Word of God! It is complete and completely useful in changing lives, and revealing God's character. From Genesis to Revelation, the Word remains unchanged and unbreakable. (Psalm 19:7-11, Rom. 10:8, 2 Tim. 3:16)
5. Sin is Sin is Sin. No one sin outweighs another because there are not varying degrees of the death that it leads to (Romans 6:23). We are all born into it, pursue it in our lives, and as such need a Savior to redeem us out of it. (Rom. 3:23, Acts 2:38, Ecc. 7:20)
6. It is not hateful or exclusionary to say, the things that God has designed are not for man to redesign. As such, we only recognize marriage as God's covenant relationship between one man and one women.
(Gen 2:22-24, Matt. 19:4-6, Heb. 13:4)
7. He [Jesus] will be back! There will come a time when He returns for His Bride (the Church), and establish His reign on Earth during a Millennial Period. After which, death and hell will be defeated once and for all! (2 Cor. 11:2, Rev. 20:4-6, Rev 20:14)
While we understand that HEMCC is definitely not what most people think of when it comes to "church", believe it or not, we are actually a pretty Biblically Conservative Church! While we can debate tounges and the tribulation till Jesus returns, there are some things we do stand firm on...
Heaven's Edge began as an intended study group that was aimed at musicians and rockers who had given their lives to Christ and wanted to know how to grow in their faith. But God took what was intended to be a small group and quickly grew it into the beginnings a Church that worships Him with the intensity He deserves, and reaches out to people with the same love that He first showed us.
A ministry where if someone walks in wearing a Iron Maiden T-shirt (or whatever your favorite band is), they will not feel judged, or told that it somehow “defiles” the house of God whether that person claims to be a Christian or not. The Church is the united body of believers, not the building they meet in.
A place to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ presented in terms that can be easily understood. Jesus taught in parables that His culture understood and came for the purpose of making the Gospel clear. So let's not complicate it with terms that require a 4 year degree to understand.
A place to hear how the Bible applies to our real life circumstances. We all go through hard times and difficult struggles, and the Bible offers a the best wisdom in overcoming them.
A ministry that prays! Whether for a need in your life or to accept Jesus Christ as your savior, prayer is the believers greatest asset. Use it!
And a ministry that is intended to reach out to those who have felt turned away by traditional churches by going where they're at. It is not beyond the realm of possibilities to go to the Saturday night hot spots when the bands are playing to tell a person, “Man that show ROCKED! I hope you haven’t had too much to drink, but if you did please let us know, we’ll get you home safely. And if you’re feeling up for it, come out tomorrow night and see what we’re about.”
"You mean you'll actually go into those places and try to leave a positive impression of Christians on them instead of rebuking them for being in there and listening to that type of music?"
Some churches rely on the idea that if they build it, people will come. Some may; but Jesus didn't wait for the people to come to Him. He went to the sinners, the tax collectors, and the lost. He ate with them, taught them and called them to follow.
No one has ever argued a person into putting their faith in Christ. And no one ever condemn one into having faith either. Our job is to proclaim the truth of God's love and His plan for our salvation, Jesus Christ; and let the Word and The Spirit of God do the transforming.
We hold to the Truth that faith in Jesus is the only path to salvation, however the idea that we are to conform to the image of Christ is the exclusive work of the Holy Spirit, and not that of men or an organized religion.
So what's a "Metal Church"?
It's not about loud music (although we love it that way) and it's not about justifying a sinful lifestyle. It's about actually getting our hands dirty and hanging out with "those people" so that they too may believe and be saved. It's about going where many "Christians" won't, in order to reach those who many "Christians" can't. It's about loving the unlovable and reaching the unreachable. It's about leading them to Christ and letting The Holy Spirit do the work from there.
Now that's Metal!!!
Sundays @ 5 pm 2250 Tod Ave NW. Warren, OH 44485 330-564-3621